After two (far too long) years, Haystack v2.0.0 has been released! You can grab it via ``pip install django-haystack==2.0.0``. For those who've been holding off on upgrading, the migration documentation is at http://django-haystack.readthedocs.org/en/latest/migration_from_1_to_2.html.
Haystack v2.0.0 features a huge number of improvements as well as some backward-incompatible changes. Some of the highlights are:
- Multiple backends (you have a Solr & a Whoosh index, or a master Solr & a slave Solr, etc.)
- An Elasticsearch backend
- Big query improvements
- Geospatial search (Solr & Elasticsearch only)
- The addition of Signal Processors for better control
- Input types for improved control over queries
- Rich Content Extraction in Solr
This update is recommended for most installs. If you're relying on Xapian, you may want to experiment with it but be warned that it's development stalled early in the v2.0 effort.